Benefits of Massage
A good quality massage benefits the overall health of a person when it is received on a consistent basis. When a client gets a massage one or more times a month it can definitely help alleviate pain and assist the body in getting back to sufficient health and mobility. Because everyone is different in regards to how the body reacts and responds to stressful events, the frequency of massage depends on the individual needs and assessments. Getting a massage once has its benefits as well.
The Stress Response
How the body responds to stress is different with each individual. How it manifests in the body depends on what causes the stress response and subsequently where it is held in the body. Have you ever had a particularly stressful day, only to realize you were clenching your teeth and as a result, now have a headache? Somehow, you have learned to hold the tension in your jaw in order to move through the stressful experience.
Mind Body Connection
We hold stress inside the body until the body starts to communicate through pain. Once we’ve had more than we can handle, we begin to listen. This is how human beings tend to cope with life situations. We can push down those sensations and ignore the signals our body is trying to communicate to us giving cause to disease or we can take action and get some help. On a personal note, when I have tension in my neck and shoulders, I learned that it is because I hold them up in a clenched position when I am stressed. I experience these pains just like everyone else so I make sure to do self care whenever massage is not possible. Consider these benefits when choosing whether or not to get a massage and decide for yourself if the benefits out-weigh the concerns.
Some different types of benefits of massage are:
- Calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation.
- Reduces tension and anxiety which alleviate muscle spasms.
- Aides in the body’s own healing processes.
- Faster recovery between workouts.
- Improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
- Stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s waste products.
- Prevents and relieves muscle cramps and spasms.
- Can help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Provides a sense of well being and comfort.
Some of these benefits can be found in the following massage modalities:
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Swedish Massage (Relaxation or Deep)
- Neuromuscular Massage
- Myofascial Technique …coming soon
- Sports Massage …coming soon
- Prenatal Massage (pregnancy) …coming soon
- Lymphatic Massage …coming soon
- Foot Massage …coming soon
- Cupping Massage …coming soon
*** NEW MODALITY ***
*** Add-on Treatments ***
- CBD Clinic Level 5 spot treatment ointment (add-on)
- MPS Therapy (Microcurrent Point Stimulation (add-on)
BOOK an appointment today